show / hide sidebar
- Getting the Best Men Fragrances
- Which Men’s Fragrances Is the Best – Designer or Not?
- Good looks run in the family! Clint Eastwood's buff son Scott showcases his rippling abs in steamy advert for Davidoff Cool Water fragrance
- Finding the Best Cologne Fragrances for Men
- "THE 7 MODERN CLASSIC FRAGRANCES THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING"
background and History of Gucci
A craftsman’s son, Guccio Gucci founded the
House of Gucci as a saddlery shop in Florence in 1906. Born in 1881, Guccio's
first talent was his craftsmanship in leather goods. He started out selling
leather bags to horsemen in the 1920’s and advanced to luxury luggage as his
clients progressed from equine transportation to horseless carriages. Guccio Gucci
in 1938 opened the first retail shop on the Via Condotti in Rome.
Gucci was recognized as an icon in 1947 and that is when the leather bag with bamboo handle, is created. During the 1950’s the trademark red striped webbing was introduced, taken from its original form place on a saddle girth. That became an emblem much as the leather moccasin with leather bit.